Have you done everything you need to for moving into rented accommodation?
We have created this handy checklist available to print to help ensure nothing important gets missed when you move home.
- Inform the following regarding change of address: Gas, Electricity and Water Suppliers (take readings)
- Notify the Council Tax office of your change of address
- TV License – satellite – cable TV – broadband – telephone
- Redirect mail to new address
- Book removal van
- Arrange with agent for new contracts and deposit / rent to be paid
- Set up standing order to pay your new landlord or managing agent
- Book in a convenient time to approve inventory for new property
- Take new readings and inform suppliers for: Gas, Electricity and Water
- Arrange content insurance
- Register with new doctors practice